Annual Maintenance Program
At PBBS, customer satisfaction is our ultimate goal. Before an annual service is performed, we always begin with a written proposal outlining exactly what we plan to do, including the cleaning of the fireside and waterside of your boiler and the cleaning and tuning of the burner to achieve optimum combustion efficiency. We will check all safety interlocks for the proper operation of your mechanical and electronic devices.
PBBS technicians will then restart and calibrate the unit at full load to assure optimum efficiency throughout the operating range. Finally, we will inform you of our findings and will give you suggestions for improvements to assure safety, efficiency, and uptime. With this approach, we will help you avoid unexpected surprises.
Download our recommended high-pressure power and heating boiler maintenance logs to track your boiler data for optimal reliability, efficiency and safety.
- Open unit, clean flues, tube sheet, and breeching (where possible) using an air turbine reamer and industrial vacuum system.
- Inspect and wash-coat all brickwork with high-temperature refractory coating.
- Provide new sealing materials where required.
- Seal and close fireside
- Drain, open, and flush the entire waterside of the boiler.
- Remove all low water controls, clean and inspect piping.
- Flush makeup and/or feedwater pump strainers and water column float chambers.
- Drain expansion tank, if applicable.
- Remove all plugs in control piping. Inspect, reinstall controls, and replace gaskets.
- Prepare unit(s) for an insurance inspection.
- Close the boiler, fill, and fire.
- Remove, check, and clean burner components including a pilot electrode, lube, oil, air filter, compressor, oil pump, etc.
- Start unit, check combustion with an electronic analyzer.
- Check all safety interlocks to assure proper operation and timing.
- Perform a “slow drain” test to assure proper low water cutoff and pump control operation.
- Fire unit assuring proper auto cutoff and restart with all safety controls
- Return at the start of the heating season, if necessary, to complete combustion tuning.
Formal Written Report
Lastly, our service includes a formal written report which outlines our findings and any recommendations for improving operation, efficiency, and safety.
Optional Mid-Winter Check
Includes a burner combustion and control check midway through the heating or control season.